[OM] An experience of film convert to JPEG

Subject: [OM] An experience of film convert to JPEG
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:51:43 +0800
Dear all,
I am taking film for 2-1/2 years. I frequently use E100vs, RVP, HD200,
N160VC, N160NC ..................... As my work flow I mentioned before, I
scan the film with 12 bit to TIFF & then convert to 8 bit and resize,
finally save as JPEG. I am seldom add USM to my pictures since I think the
images are sharp enough even resized.

My last trip to HK Disneyland, I tried 2 negative film I never use before.
They were Agfa Ultra 100 & KM Centuria 100. I found that the images of
JPEG were very blur as out-focus. I watched my TIFF files that no problem at
all. I never found this situation for I frequently use slide/negative film.
I need to add USM to the pictures to make them sharper as in-focus.

The technician of a photo printing shop nearby my home said that the density
of slide/negative film is very high which I mostly use. I doubt that the
density of Agfa Ultra 100 & KM Centuria 100 are lower that caused the images
blur upon resized.

Any idea for my case????

Thanks a lot!!!!

--