[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #4

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #4
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:40:23 +1000
> Michael Wong wrote:
> Hi, John,
> Do you miss the Chinese special product ----- salted fish ???  ^_^
> OM-4T Black, Zuiko 100mm F2 ED, Kodak E100vs
> http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/gallery/albums/album05/IMG1704.jpg

I think my father would have liked this (and may even have
"missed" it from his and mum's time in Malaysia before I was
born). Dad was very patient with (grand)children at Christmas,
and loved them all dearly, but I recall him once setting out a
bowl of dried ikan bilis (anchovies I believe, though they
reminded me of whitebait) at Christmas one year, when all the
grandchildren were raiding mum's large stock of stored treats-
-for-children. A couple rushed in, saw Dad eating them, and
waited until he (knowingly) got up and left the room, and I
watched them grab a handful of these "chips" and cram them
into their cake holes (that's slang for "mouth", Michael :-)).
Never have you seen a more disgusted look on a couple of
faces (one actually projectile vomited, for which Dad paid
with Mum later on).

He was a funny bloke, my Dad.

Anyway, my familial remiscence aside, this is a photo fit for
the pages if an "Gourmet Traveller" magazine, Michael.

...and this subsequent one:

http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/gallery/albums/album143/IMG1493_OM_4Ti.jpg

is just great. I love it.

> My English is poor, hope you all not too difficult to understand
> what I say.

Your English is not perfect, Michael (for many of us English-speakers,
our own English is not perfect :-D)  but it is *very* easy for any
English-speaker to understand. It is certainly *not* "poor"
and is *much* better than my ability in any language other than
English (because I can't speak anything else ;-) ). I appreciate your
successful efforts to speak it, because I not only get to
enjoy your photos, but I also get to enjoy learning from you about
the subjects of those photos.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz