[OM] Re: 28/2,8 shade plus 2,0/28mm equal vignetting?

Subject: [OM] Re: 28/2,8 shade plus 2,0/28mm equal vignetting?
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <s.kahlert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:30:57 +0200
Am 14 Oct 2006 um 19:32, schrieb Chuck Norcutt :

> As long as two lenses have the same focal length and same filter thread
> diameter I shouldn't imagine that there's a hill of beans difference in
> the hoods with respect to vignetting.

I have the corresponding lens for Nikon and the hood for the 2,8/28
vignettes whereas the hood intended for the 2/28mm is the same as for
the 2,8/24mm that's why I'm asking. Even a thick B+W polarizer
without any hood vignettes on the Nikkor 2/28mm btw!

The Nikkor and the Zuiko seem too be close cousins: 9/8 elements,
CRC, with the Nikkor very slightly worse in the middle and a tad
better in the corner, similar bokeh, equally resistant to flare.

Best wishes

Stefan