[OM] Re: Changing winder / motordrive and light leakage

Subject: [OM] Re: Changing winder / motordrive and light leakage
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:40:58 -0400
There is a chance that light could enter through the md port and fog the
film, but if you're resonably careful and don't turn the bottom of the
camera towards direct sunlight, I doubt anyone would have a problem.

The OM-1 through 2N has a more direct route through this hole to the
film plane, it's much less likely to happen with 2S through 4Ti due to
the masking installed. 2 types of md caps are the same diameter (I've
seen OM-1 md caps forced into the threads of OM-4).

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net