[OM] Re: My eyes are deceiving me

Subject: [OM] Re: My eyes are deceiving me
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck wrote:
> Yes, you're smoking rope but I don't think it's your eyes that
> are deceiving you.  Here are a few simple stats...

Ok, I'm probably hallucinating a little, but honestly, when
looking at the comparative 20D and 1DsM2 RAW files (I was given
the originals to convert using my own methods) I wasn't overly
impressed. This, however, is strictly dealing with noise. There
are other aspects of the Canon images which were distinctly
different--for example the AA filter in the E-1 is way too
strong.

I'm no longer defending the E-1. It's like trying to ride a
unicycle in the Tour De France.  The camera is great, the sensor
is severely dated.  But, honestly, noise has rarely been an
issue to me.

I don't think that sensor size is going to matter in another
year or two.  Pixel Bin'ing is coming--the ability to group
multiple pixels together to represent a single pixel as well as
"noise-mapping".

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com