[OM] Re: Where to buy OM in London?

Subject: [OM] Re: Where to buy OM in London?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:20:14 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2006 10:14:55 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Exactly  that, as Piers said... In fact, I'd add that it's probably not
worthy  looking for used film equipment in any of those 'big' shops. Their
prices  are too high and unreasonably expensive.

My experience as both a buyer and seller of things OM has been that this
list is perhaps the best "getting place" in the Universe.  A "WTB"  posting to
the list has resulted my acquiring many items not readily available  in retail
stores.  Those posted by others has allowed me to adopt out  extras in my stash
closet.  Essentially anything ever made by Olympus for  the OM system
probably exists in the collective kit of these list members, many  as
duplicates
which would be available to someone desiring the item.   Pricing tends to be
better and most are reasonable about  returns.  Bottom line for me is that if
there
was something I was  interested in buying I'd probably use the collective
knowledge and collective  kit represented here as one resource to obtain it.
It
is not only the best  way to acquire that which I desire but it is also
certainly the most time  efficient way.  <[8^)  Bill Barber