[OM] Re: ORF files?

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF files?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:52:17 -0400
Yes, your Athlon XP3200 is way newer than mine.  I'm running an Athlon
Thunderbird first released June 2000.  What's needed at a minimum is the
Althlon Palomino (AKA Athlon XP) released May 2001 which included
Intel's SSE instruction set <http://www.tommesani.com/SSE.html>.  Raw
Shooter Essentials aborts immediately with a distinctly non-helpful
message if the processor doesn't support SSE.  I see that it's been
carried into Adobe's work too.

According to the docs that came with my motherboard it should support an
Athlon Palomino up to (I think) 2.1GHz but the one I bought didn't work.
  I now have a slower speed one (1.7GHz) which I just haven't bothered
to try yet.  Since I bought Capture One LE there's not much reason
anymore.  I'd probably have a hard time telling much difference between
1.4GHz and 1.7GHz anyhow.

Chuck Norcutt