[OM] Re: Need for rebuild on M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Packs - Yes or No?

Subject: [OM] Re: Need for rebuild on M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Packs - Yes or No?
From: Jim Couch <Zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:16:56 -0700
The difficulty is, no matter what you do (CP-1 or CP-2) you will be
dealing with pretty old stock. FWIW on my control packs I have gotten
well more than 3 years out of a set of cells. My original CP-1 was
purchased used and I got over 6 years out of that used one before I had
to have it rebuilt (by John Hermanson) I believe that was about 3 years
ago and it is going strong. I purchased a NOS CP-2 about the same time
and it is still going great guns as well. At this point the only
alternative would be to get a control grip 1. You can use that with 12
AA batteries, either rechargeable or alkalines. In mine the battery life
with alkalines was literally YEARS so I never bothered with
rechargeable. With both the Ni Cad packs and chargers getting older
everyday I would lean toward a Control Grip 1.

Just my .02 worth.

Jim Couch