[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #7

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #7
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:25:01 -0400
If you want to do your B&W shooting in color you can apply filters in
PhotoShop as you're doing the conversion to B&W.  The only thing you
can't do after the fact is simulate a polarizer.  For example, you could
simultate a very strong red filter by choosing to convert the luminosity
of only the red channel to B&W while discarding the other two channels
entirely.  Since there's little red in a blue sky the sky would appear
much darker (as though it had been a deep blue) and the clouds would be
very bright in comparison and thus they would be accentuated by the
strong contrast.

You could easily spend a day or two with PhotoShop exploring the
different methods of converting a color shot to B&W.

Chuck Norcutt