[OM] Re: some summer & fall shots

Subject: [OM] Re: some summer & fall shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:44:16 -0700
Russ Butler wrote:
> Here are a few NE US shots from the Summer and Fall.

Some beautiful shots there!

The desirability of taming the highlights has already been mentioned,
and I posted an alternate version of one
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/RussButler/03W.htm>

Having looked through the rest, PS or another powerful image editor can
do a lot for many of them, but I wonder if you aren't getting what you
pay for with the Costco scans - not too much. It looks to me like scans
with better tonal control would go a long ways toward giving better images.

It's hard with these kind of images to really fix them up without
getting halos around some elements. There are some very modest ones on
the black wire fencing on the foot bridge image I did. It's really
better to get the tonal distribution pretty close in the scanning process.

Still, I couldn't resist playing with another one, with no wires in it
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/RussButler/18W.htm>.

Moose