[OM] Re: [Photo] The li ghthouse at Stora Karlsö

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] The li ghthouse at Stora Karlsö
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:49:42 -0400
Moose wrote:

> It is! But where's the pic(s)? When you make that climb, you are
> supposed to get a pic of the light
> <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/Pemaquid/PemaquidLight.htm>.
>
> Bob Whitmire has made many wonderful images of the Pemaquid lighthouse,
> but I haven't seen this view yet.

I didn't get a pic of the light.  It didn't possess the beauty as the
one you took at Pemaquid Light as it was very small, high tech and
modern looking.  The older light installed in 1901, had a power of
182,000 candles with a lens formed of 36 prisms arranged in tiers with a
diameter of nine feet and a height of 12 feet.  That would have been
something to see. :) I didn't get a shot of the lighthouse though Bonita
did.  Here it is:

http://sylv.inkwell.com.ru/temp/highlandlight.html

Richard L