[OM] ZD 50mm f/2

Subject: [OM] ZD 50mm f/2
From: "Supat S." <eancho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:17:49 +0000
Hi list,

sources:

zd 50 spec
http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/products/lens/50_20M/index.html
http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/olympus_50_2/index.htm

zd 14-54 spec
http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/products/lens/14-54_28-35/index.html
http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/olympus_1454_2835/index.htm

leica 14-50 spec
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/leica_d_lens/zoom_lens.html

leica 14-50mm vs zd 50mm
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=20271951

questions:

1) I have E1 + 14-54, I want to get sharper images, does the 50mm f/2 will
give me that? Considering the graph, if I understand correct MTF chart shows
the sharpness and resolution.

2) From lens structures, 50mm is different, does 50mm sacrifice the peak
sharpness (center) (MTF 20 - the graph is always lower that 90%, unlike
14-54 and 14-50) to get the consistency edge to edge level of sharpness?

3) For portrait, if I shoot 3 lenses at 50mm, put the model face at the
center. Is it true that the detail and sharpness of the model face produced
by 14-54 and 14-50 are better than 50mm f2?

4) Am I wrong?

Thank you,
Supat

Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
Live Search!
http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline