[OM] 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro

Subject: [OM] 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:33:58 -0400
Anybody have or know where to get a 58mm lens hood for a Vivitar Series
1 90/2.5 macro.  Or, if not the real hood, anyone know the specs?  Inner
diameter and length of the hood?

There are these two metal and plastic tulip type hoods to be found on
the bay
<http://cgi.ebay.com/58mm-Tele-Flower-Lens-Hood-Metal-Screw-In-Type-New_W0QQitemZ220037257083QQihZ012QQcategoryZ23780QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
<http://cgi.ebay.com/58mm-Tele-Flower-Lens-Hood-Plastic-Screw-In-Type-New_W0QQitemZ220037262753QQihZ012QQcategoryZ23780QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

plus this more conventional metal hood there as well
<http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Metal-Tele-58mm-Screw-in-Lens-Hood_W0QQitemZ140042338876QQihZ004QQcategoryZ78999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Or, all you folks out there with a Zuiko 90mm f/2 or 135 f/4.5 macro and
the 108-242 hood.  What's the inner diameter and length of that hood?

I've had this lens for years and never had a hood and never missed it.
I guess I've always used the 90mm as a macro lens pointing down at
something.  Today I was using it as a more general purpose lens and
found out that it has terrible flare pointing anywhere near the sun.
Time for a shade.

Chuck Norcut