[OM] Web hosting (was: some summer & fall shots)

Subject: [OM] Web hosting (was: some summer & fall shots)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:43:34 +1000
> Russ Butler wrote:
> For web space I use
> https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ [...]

I end up using Dreamhost. A friend achieved a discount for
himself, and me, by recommending them (I'm not sure how to
do that yet - I haven't looked it up). It seemed cheap,
including registering a domain name, huge top-limits on
both space and bandwidth-usage, plus it has some "One
click installa" from which I installed the Gallery
software (though it's not as "one-click" as they
suggest). I can also (though haven't) easily set up pretty
much as many email accounts as I could possibly want under
my domain (in the thousands) too, so if you're after
more personalised (ie. your domain) email, there's that
too. It seems to work well, though I've yet to properly
begin filling it up (just some very few photos for a
dog-related mailing list):

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery

Here's dreamhost:

http://www.dreamhost.com

with all their related plans and features and so on.

(Note, their newsletters are somewhat manically, amusingly
truthful, but they seem okay, perhaps even because of it).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz