[OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:58:14 +1000

> Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> The thing is, the depth and diameter of the hood mean nothing unless you
>
> know the relationship of the filter thread or slip-on mounting point to
> the front node of the lens. It is obvious that the front node of the
> 90/2 is closer to the hood mounting point than that of the 135/4.5, so
> the same hood length and diameter will subtend different angles for the
> two lenses.

Of course the hood might not be optimal on the 90, just deemed "near enough" by
Olympus.
I would assume that Olympus would not recommend a hood which causes vignetting
though.

There is no reason to expect that the hoods would be interchangable between
(for example) the 28/3.5, 28/2.8 and 28/2 just because they have the same fl.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com