[OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro
From: pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:30:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Chuck,

I've used a Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro for a few months now with a 55mm
Hama hood (in the fully extended position) and a 58-55mm step down ring. I
know it seems unusual, but I have never seen any vignetting at macro or
normal distances, even wide open. It really helps with the loss of
contrast this lens can sometimes deliver at normal focus distances with
strong backlight. It's also an excellent hood for many Zuiko lenses that
have a 55mm thread. Here's a link to the hood I use

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=F3ZDBKJZfW!1051679615?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=23164&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Paul