[OM] [OT] P&S recommendation with low shutter lag

Subject: [OM] [OT] P&S recommendation with low shutter lag
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:34:47 +0200
Sorry to go [OT] but it is at least about cameras:-)
A friend wants to buy a new digital point-and-shoot with a fast response
from pressing the shutter to taking the picture - her new puppy won't keep
still!  Can anyone point me to a comparison where this is taken into
account, or does one of you have a good recommendation?  [It's probably
clear - this is a person who snaps her dog and has up-to-now been happy with
a vanilla digital p&s - now she finds the shutter lag an issue.  She doesn't
want a dslr and I guess she wants to keep in the 100-250 $/euro range.]
many thanks
Jez