[OM] Re: [OT] P&S recommendation with low shutter lag

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] P&S recommendation with low shutter lag
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:53:46 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
>  Thanks all - information overload threatens... this is a good list and has
> helped me give my friend a dozen candidates to start from

I think most current cameras are fairly fast. That's an area where there
has been great progress in the last year or two.

If fast shot to shot times are important too, consider smaller than
larger mp count, all other things being equal. As Winsor said, dpreview
is the place with the most info on handling speed.

The Fuji F30 is very fast. It also has a mode for even faster focus at
what seems to me to be a very modest cost in battery life; the thing
lasts forever anyway. I just leave it in that mode all the time.

Moose