[OM] WTB or Buying advice for 77mm circular polarizer

Subject: [OM] WTB or Buying advice for 77mm circular polarizer
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:32:17 -0400
I need a 77mm multicoated circular polarizer.  After reading up on the
different Hoya models I determined that the HMC line was probably best
if I were to choose a Hoya filter.  Nothing fancy beyond ordinary
multicoating, threads in front to take a hood.  I don't need something
extra thin.

Checking around I see B&H is asking more than %155.  Another web site I
associate with low cost accessory items is asking $145.  But a Froogle
search located a number of sellers in the $95-110 range.  Finally an
ebay search located this seller with a BIN of $94.95 and modest shipping
cost of $4.95.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Hoya-HMC-Multi-Coated-77mm-Circular-Polarizer-Filter-77_W0QQitemZ200037953657QQihZ010QQcategoryZ15217QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Normally, when I see this much of a price difference between B&H and
other sellers my buyer alarm bell goes off.  Yet this seller has over
18,000 sales and a 99.9% positive feedback rating.  Is this a legit
offer?  Is he maybe selling high quality Hoya clones or some other
knock-off?

Comments, advice, suggestions?  Anybody got one to sell?

Chuck Norcutt