[OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question

Subject: [OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 07:52:04 -0600

Thank you, Chuck, I will play with that using your exact formula today :-)
And work from there.
Candace

Chuck Norcutt wrote: Try some LCE (local contrast enhancement) to fix that
flat look. Add a new layer and use unsharp mask on it in a very non-standard
way. Set the radius to 50 pixels, the percentage to 20 and the threshhold to
0. That should liven things up considerably. If it's too gaudy reduce the
layer opacity to a pleasing level. Chuck Norcutt Candace Lemarr wrote: OK,
Ken, I did what you said. I processed the same image 3 times. One at SRGB,
one at AdobeRGB, and one at my settings. Pulled all 3 up side by side in
FastStone.The SRGB is too much orange. The AdobeRGB is too little orange. My
settings are in between the two. As to the flat look...it is still there to
adegree. I think what's missing is a good deal of the "shadow contrast"
slider. Anyhow, no matter how much I fiddle with it the file taken at the
same time in SHQ is still better to lookat (IMHO). Which defeats the whole
purpose, does it not? ugh Candace AG Schnozz wrote: Try a conversion where
everything is cranked off-the-chart loud! See if thosedisney colors come
through in your JPEG output. Also, make sure you output to SRGB. AG
http://www.zuikoholic.com[1] List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx[2]
http://www.zuikoholic.com[3] List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx[4]

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.zuikoholic.com