[OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question

Subject: [OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:10:09 -0600
 Thank you for that link, Chuck. Informative. It sounds like for the most
part, I should just be using sRGB. I guess I should just clarify with my
local lab which setting they use.
Candace

Chuck Norcutt wrote: A religious argument mostly. If you send to commercial
labs for prints then use sRGB. If you don't they'll convert it anyhow. If
youprint at home and have a really first class ink jet printer with, say, 8
ink colors it might be able to show some of the additional color from Adobe
RGB over sRGB. However, you won't likely be able to see it on your monitor
which is an sRGB device. Confused? Here's a reasonable treatise on the
subject. <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/sRGB-AdobeRGB1998.htm>[1]
Chuck Norcutt