[OM] Re: [OT] Can you recommend a free drawing tool

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Can you recommend a free drawing tool
From: David Carter <spotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:05:41 +1300
www.turbocad.com used to have older versions available for free.
I've found them OK to use. Although their precision isn't great. In so
far as placing lines to the nearest millimetre. They always seem to be a
little off. Probably because Turbocad deals with imperial dimensions &
converts to metric as best as it can.

I've tried a couple of other cheap CAD programs. On a Windows 98
machine. I forget some of their names, but one was CAD Complete. NONE
were as reliable or complete as Turbocad.

One are to watch with Turbocad is exporting or upgrading. I've yet to
see drawings successfully exported to Autocad or even .bmp. Later
versions of Turbocad may have difficulty reading drawings from earlier
versions. I upgraded from level 7 to 8 & couldn't use level 7 drawings
in level 8.

Turbocad also has good tutorials and a forum available for free.

David