[OM] Re: [OT] Can you recommend a free drawing tool

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Can you recommend a free drawing tool
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:58:17 -0600
In the 80's I brought in the first CAD system for our laboratory. It was an
Applicon and four work stations cost $480,000. Even at that price, we found
that we could break-even on new drawings and make money on later revisions.
A much better work station can new be purchased for less than $10,000. After
I retired, integrated design and analysis tools we could only fantasize
about are becoming available. It's been interesting to watch the evolution.

/jmac