[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:15:06 +0200
>The problem with wide angle primes is that they need to be redesigned
>to achieve those parallel light rays so that you do not get
>vignetting and to reduce the color aberration which becomes more
>apparent with digital.

At least the Nikon 20mm f/2.8 AIS appears to be good when used on a D200:
http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html
That would be a 30mm equivalent, nice compact lens.

Maybe the Tokina or Tamron 17mm (I have the Tamron) would be a good enough 25mm
equivalent as well, although somehow I doubt it.

But you are right, to go any wider on a current Nikon DSLR I would need a DX
lens, i.e. in actual fact a zoom (the Nikon 12-24, or the Tokina or Sigma or
Tamron equivalent lens).

Bernard