[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:33:32 -0700
There is a certain logic in that for any camera. Dusty air is trapped
inside every time you take off the lens and then it sticks
everywhere, not just on the sensor. When the camera is new and clean
not much sensor cleaning is required. As the camera is used with
interchangeable lenses it gets dirty inside and the dirt gets moved
around every time the mirror fans back and forth. So more cleaning.
The sensor brush people realized that a long time ago and provided
brushes for other parts of the mirror chamber besides the sensor filter.

The charge on the sensor attracting dust is one of those urban myth
things, I think. Otherwise your battery chamber would also fill up
with dirt and you would have to knock the dirt off the terminals
before inserting. The sensor is a low voltage device which is
grounded to prevent possible damage from static electricity.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA