[OM] Re: sad news

Subject: [OM] Re: sad news
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:46:22 -0400
A really tough break.  It makes you feel truly violated.  I've been
burglarized twice in my life and been fairly fortunate that they didn't
get away with too much of value.  Probably because they're not too smart.

In the last burgarly I discovered that the guy had tried very hard to
jimmy the lock on the shipping trunk that holds my 8" Celestron
telescope.  He had found my small set of jeweler's screwdrivers and
broke one of them off in the lock while trying to open it.  In fact, the
lock wasn't even locked.  And even so, the key was hanging on a little
piece of string tied directly to the carrying handle under the lock.
All in plain view.  Pretty dumb.

I hope you've got the serial number of that 40/2.  That's pretty rare
and shouldn't be hard to spot if someone tries to fence it or sell it on
ebay.  You should be sure to tell the police about the rarity of that
piece.  Also, I'm sure the serial number is known on the Odyssey camera
even if you don't know the serial numbers on all your other equipment.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt