[OM] Re: Is this a "Fang" ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is this a "Fang" ?
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:24:20 +0200
Brian,
my brother-in-law once had a Nykon 24/2.8. On the rear element there was a
small circular area of some mm in diameter where the coating was off,
probably due of putting the lens in the bag without rear cap. The photos
taken with that lens showed an overexposed and somewhat blurred center,
particularly with bright scenes. The problem was so obvious and annoying
that he sold the lens - and bought another one.
As it seems that the blemish of your lens is smaller I hope your lens will
not exhibit similar behaviour.

Ralf Loi