[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:29:52 +0200
>It is the D200, D2Hs, D2Xs, D1H and D1X that have the
>manual focus lens compatibility including metering modes.

I read this in Bjorn Rorslett's review of the D200:

http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html
"Using the nifty FUNC button* (lower front left, below the preview control),
it's simplicity itself to give the camera needed details about lens speed and
focal length. You can dial in the data for all your MF lenses, and the camera
will recall the maximum aperture if you rotate the dial to get focal length. If
you have several lenses with the same focal length, you do have to select
amongst them, but most people won't even notice this because having duplicate
lenses in a given focal length is uncommon. In practice setting or selecting
the lens data only takes a fraction of a second, and the initial entry has to
be done just once. Best of all, the D200 remembers the data for the MF lens
last used, so when you swap a single MF lens with AF/AFS Nikkors in a shooting
session, there is no need to repeat the setup of the manual lens. Very, very
clever. Very, very nice."

Does this mean that, if the appropriate data have been entered, the D200 will
_not_ require stop-down metering?

Bernard