[OM] 38/2.8 OM macro lens/jumping spiders

Subject: [OM] 38/2.8 OM macro lens/jumping spiders
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:42:08 -0500
    I noticed a listing for a 38/2.8 OM macro lens on you-know-where,
and, since I had dealt with the seller before, I offered a couple of my
jumping spider shots taken with my own 38/2.8 on the 65-116 auto
extension tube for him to use to demonstrate what this wonderful lens
can do.  They are visible on ePay item 330041163005.  Brown guy at the
top is about 5mm long;  38/2.8, 65mm extension, f11, two T32 flashes,
cross polarized, E100VS film.  Black and white guy below is about a mm
smaller;  38/2.8, 90mm extension, f11, two T32s, not cross polarized,
Velvia 50.  The age-old portrait rule applies here too:  always focus on
the eyes.
    If you're interested in serious macro for small insects or spiders,
this lens is head and shoulders above any other.  I think so highly of
this lens that I picked up two extra examples of it just to be certain
I'd always have a backup if one is stolen, broken, etc.
Dean