[OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!

Subject: [OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:53:56 +0200
I am spending a couple of days rebuilding my lightroom library, it takes
a while and uses more disk but if you select it to build the previews
then it runs much much faster - even usable I would say :-)  - as tested
on a dual sonnet G4 1.8Ghz and macbook 1.8Ghz.

you can reference the files in existing location and I  created the
library on the same external disk as the pictures (select alt on startup
on  a  mac to create library) so that I can move the disk or duplicate
it for different computers.

I hated lightroom initially, but it is growing on me and if they
incorporate HDR then I wouldn't hesitate in buying it.

Oh a work colleague has just taken delivery of a macpro - I would never
get away with that even if I did argue that the christmas decorations
are in the shops ;-)

P.S. sonnet machine is for sale if you need a G4 or just processor
upgrade make me an offer.

IanW