[OM] Re: Off Camera Flash Cord for FL-36/50

Subject: [OM] Re: Off Camera Flash Cord for FL-36/50
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:31:28 -0500
Thanks Chuck.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Chuck Norcutt
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:55 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Yes, the Canon off-shoe cord for EOS cameras works for Olympus E things.

  See it here
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details
&Q=&sku=12972&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
I was going to post the B&H link for the Oly cord here but I don't seem
to find it.

Compare the hot shoe pin pattern on the E-1 here:
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse1/Images/inhand02.jpg>
to the same for a Canon 5D
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS5D/Images/inhand02.jpg>

You'll see that the Canon has the same pin pattern except that it has an

additional pin that Oly doesn't have.  The Canon will work on Oly but
not vice-versa.

I believe that the Canon cable is also cheaper but since I can't find
the equivalent Oly cable on B&H I can't say.

Chuck Norcutt