[OM] Re: Off Camera Flash Cord for FL-36/50

Subject: [OM] Re: Off Camera Flash Cord for FL-36/50
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:58:18 -0400
I'll give you an easier suggestion. No machining or epoxy required and
you'll also get a much more pleasing light.   Since you have a BG-2 I
assume you also have a T-32.  Put the T-32 in the BG-2 in either
automatic or full power manual mode and attach the BG-2 via the PC cord
to the E-1.  Put the Metz 44 in the hotshoe and use it as a bounce flash
in any mode that seems appropriate.

Swivel the T-32 to bounce off walls and ceiling and light the room with
background light at one to two stops below the main light.  It may take
full manual power but, if not, use the auto mode and lie to the T-32
about ISO setting until it does what you want.  Use the Metz as the main
light on the subject either direct or bounced.

Chuck Norcutt