[OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!
From: "David Bell" <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:27:15 +0100
I think you are right,it was an English law doctrine and did not apply
in Scotland, however I thought that it had been abolished in England.
Was there not a case where the (late?) Alan Clark MP successfully sued
for the return of a stolen painting which had been sold to an innocent
purchaser in Bermondsey market?

I believe that there is a statute of limitation though and if the
original owner does not establish his claim within 6 years then an
innocent purchaser could I suppose obtain good title.