[OM] Re: Semi-Fang, I couldn't help it . . . & now WTB. Ugh!

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-Fang, I couldn't help it . . . & now WTB. Ugh!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:40:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/2006 10:32:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

How do  you go about framing a 6x4.5 shot in the 6x6 viewfinder?  Is
there a  mask for the viewfinder too or does it have additional frame
lines or does  a person just wing it?

There is a blue/green mask on either side, however without having the mask
for the film I won't be using it.

Also, I guess focusing is by the guesstimate the distance  method?

Yes, and it has the ever handy, dandy depth of field markings so it ain't
all that bad, Bubba.  If I use the old sunny 16 rule with Tri-X that  puts me
at
f22 at 1/200.  DOF runs from 6 ft to infinity at f22.   That'd be OK for a
bunch of things.  I do like the DOF markings and  any out there who aren't
using
them (or don't know how) with their OMs or other  cameras, need to discover
their usefulness.

Now that I've stepped off into this pond, I figure there will probably be a
dedicated hood that I need to find and if I was really acting out my
compulsive  side I'd be needing the 6X4.5 mask.  For right now I'll just settle
for
finding the hood.  Does anyone out there in Zuiko land know what the proper
hood is for this camera and does anyone happen to have an extra.   <{8^)  Bill
Barber