[OM] Re: OM-4: Black tape behind mirror???

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4: Black tape behind mirror???
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <s.kahlert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:24:09 +0200
Am 28 Oct 2006 um 15:48, schrieb Daniel Sepke :
> Is it on the shutter curtain at the back of the chamber or is it on the
> folding reflector attached to the back of the mirror?

The latter.

> of tape on the reflector). If the tape is on the reflector and you are
> feeling brave you could try removing the tape and see if that corrects the
> metering issue.

Tape removed, problem solved. Measurements of my handheld meter and
from the camera are identical now, spot-reading and average-reading
are in agreement on uniform target. OTF-timed exposure (with film in
camera!) is about 1s when the finder-info suggests it will be 1s.
Great. Now, can anybody tell me, why some stoneage-mechanic put that
tape on the reflector???

> In either situation I would suggest that you consider asking for at least a
> partial refund from the seller if these issues where not disclosed up front
> or you got this body for a fang price.

It was a price hard to resist on but not unreasonably low for a beat
up user-camera and it's quite a bit better than that. I think I will
have it CLA'd anyway .

best

Stefan