[OM] Re: Dpreview posts E-400 sample images gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Dpreview posts E-400 sample images gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:06:20 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> It would be interesting to compare them, Chuck.  But I like what I
> see with the E-400.

I'm impressed so far too. A big step forward for Oly, and quite an
achievement with the 4/3 sensor size. I never believed we were near the
end of development of lower noise sensors.

On the other hand, not up to C yet. Hard to say for sure without matched
subjects, but some eyeballing of different images leads me to think the
E-400 iso 800 noise is just a little greater than 5D iso 1600 noise.
Certainly the 5D is much less noisy at 800. Anyway, my eyes are tired now.

Moose