[OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween

Subject: [OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:02:42 -0500
ScottGee1 wrote:

> I've already vented to this list about inflated shipping and handling
> prices.

I never let high shipping costs bother me... as a matter of fact I would
rather bid on items with inflated shipping costs since these types of
ads don't seem to attract a lot of bidders.  I just look at the shipping
costs as part of the total cost.  In other words, if there is an item I
feel is worth $60, I'll bid $60 if I feel the shipping costs are
reasonable.   If the shipping is inflated, I'll lower my maximum bid the
appropriate amount.  I just picked up a brand new copy of Adobe
Photoshop CS upgrade for $61 with $20 shipping for a total of $81.  Not
bad in my opinion.  A day before my auction ended, a used copy of the
same software went for $93 and $10 shipping.  Go figure.

Richard L