[OM] Re: My first really big fight with the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: My first really big fight with the E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:57:30 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Just like Moose indicated, I'm pretty well enamoured with the
> E-1, but Friday night, I had a little spat with it.
>
> I was out trying to photograph the comet and I misplaced my
> pen-light.  The camera was mounted at an odd angle on the tripod
> so my hand-grip location was slightly altered.  I couldn't find
> the play or menu buttons for anything. The buttons are flush
> mounted on the back and I couldn't identify them.

So many solutions suggest themselves:

1. Photograph Comet in the kitchen or bathroom, it's natural habitat.

2. Put one of those tiny new LCD lights on a string or chain around your
neck. I have one set up like that permanently.

3. Get a camera with buttons that are easy to distinguish by touch. I
happen to have a couple. Of course, I don't know what half of them do,
but that's the same in daylight. :-)

4. Stay indoors at night wishing for a camera with back-lit buttons.
This could go on a looong time.

5. Take a picture of a far away streetlight in misty/foggy weather. You
will have a FAR better comet picture than anybody without an observatory.

Moose