[OM] Re: Phase One Capture One bug with E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Phase One Capture One bug with E-500
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:21:40 -0500
If commercial software developers waited until every bug was found and
fixed there wouldn't be any software that you could actually buy.  Good
quality software has on the order of 1 defect per every 1,000 lines of
source code.  Some fraction of those are known but the majority are just
statistical predictions.  It's rumored that Winders is getting up into
the range of 30-40 *million* lines of source code.  How many known and
unknown bugs does Winders have?  You do the math.

The Capture One readme admitted to about 1/2 dozen known and unfixed
bugs.  I'll guarantee you there are many more than that.

Chuck Norcutt