[OM] Re: E-400 and older lenses?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 and older lenses?
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:03:57 +0800
Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sandy Harris wrote:
> > I mostly do travel photography, so size & weight is important.
> >
> > So now I'm thinking E-400 and a few lenses. Some questions
> > come up.
> >
> > Mainly, I'm thinking of using a Zuiko designed for OM series
> >
> First question: is speed of operation important to you?

Yes.

> All MF lenses on DSLR bodies except Nikon lenses on the higher end Nikon
> DLSRs operate in stop down mode only. ...
>
> So... If you are a leisurely shooter of mostly slow moving things, it's
> a viable option. Otherwise, ti couls be quite frustrating.

OK, that rules out that idea.

> For travel with an E-400, I'd want the DZ 18-180
>
> ... For a more modest expenditure, the 14-54 is an excellent lens.

More my style, I think. I don't want to carry a heavy lens
or a tripod, and shooting handheld I wouldn't expect to
get much use out of the higher end of the 18-180 range.
On the other hand, I would use the 14-18 range for
scenic and architecture shots.

But if I'm shooting mostly at the short tele end of the
range, maybe the 50 f2 macro lens and 11-22 zoom?

--
Sandy Harris
Quanzhou, Fujian, China