[OM] Re: [photo] Dennisport Sunrise 3

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Dennisport Sunrise 3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:06:44 -0500
And keep in mind that when taking panoramas of moderately distant scenes
that no tripod or special panormaic head is required.  You just need to
overlap frames some 30-50%.  I'd go with 50% or maybe even more for the
unobstructed horizon since there's not much detail for the software to
figure out where the seams should go.  Nor for you to recognize the
points of overlap in the viewfinder for that matter.

As long as there are no nearby objects to cause significant parallax
errors you can get by working handheld as this one was done.  5 shots at
28mm equivalent on Minolta A1 using about 50% overlap.  Panorama
automatically constructed by PTGui with no manual intervention.  I feel
a slight tinge of guilt because it's almost too easy.  :-)
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/chatham/chatham%20panorama.htm>

Chuck Norcutt