[OM] Re: [OT] CS for Mac question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] CS for Mac question
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:02:11 -0800 (PST)
> If someone can't afford CS, and has been put off by The Gimp
> (too unix-ish for some) I would advise to take a really good
> look at Krita,...

Interesting.  Looks like a nice stand-alone app.

In this day and age, there is no reason to go CS unless you
absolutely have to for some specific need. Between Photoshop
Elements, Picture Window Pro and The Gimp, you can do
essentially everything you'd ever want.  Oh, the latest
development version of The Gimp even has a "Healing Brush".
Now, with LightRoom as a front-end, it picks up where Elements
runs out of steam.  Life is getting pretty good.  Oh, and if you
buy a Wacom Tablet, you get PSE for free, anyway.

AG

(http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited)