[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:49:27 -0800
If the local publication is a newpaper, website, or similar low res
publication, I wouldn't assume that the E-System can't handle it. The
lowest res digital I have is the E-1. It is my prefered camera for
real estate work.

For sports you want fast ISO but the AF may not be that important.
Most of the motor sport shooters used to post that the AF couldn't
keep up. They prefocused and shot when the timing was right. With low
res publication, noise at high ISO wouldn't be a big deal. I have 4x6
postcards printed from the E1 (at low ISO) that are the limited only
by the printing process (a company who specializes in high $
advertising).

Perhaps the advantage that a C*non (or maybe N*kon) would bring is the
ability to throw away pixels. You would be doing your composition at
your computer. Otherwise the E-System is probably just as good.

-jeff