[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:56:03 -0800 (PST)
> Perhaps the advantage that a C*non (or maybe N*kon) would
> bring is the ability to throw away pixels.

Actually, the biggest advantage to a C/N isn't pixels, high-ISO
performance (we're talking newsprint here, not 20x30
landscapes), or even AF speed.  It's the ability to use "pool
equipment".  If you're shooting for somebody that has a 600/4
available to you, get the camera that will use that lens.

For wedding work, anything will do if you can adapt your
shooting methods around the limitations.  There are still a few
holdouts that are shooting weddings with manual-focus,
manual-wind, manual-exposure medium-format cameras.

AG

(http://voice.yahoo.com)