[OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery

Subject: [OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:16:48 +0000
Phew - much relieved. I'm saving up for a new DLSR (never owned on yet).
I've used film for 30 years which has served me well. I just recently sold
six film SLRs to take the sting out of buying a DLSR. And you had me worried
that I may have made a HUG msitake there. I'm keeping my OM2 and OM40. I'm
not totally abandoning film - but I require a digital SLR for some business
projects I have in mind. My decsision in a couple of weeks or so will be
whiuch make of DSLR. My only experience with DSLR to date is doing a shoot
with a friend's SLR like Fuji S3100 - which takes excellent pictures but I
wouldn't be happy with one. But maybe a Fuji S1, S2 or S3 pro? Either that
or a Nikon D70s or Canon 350D or something of that order. It's a while (a
few years) since I last bought an SLR from a shop - but I have noticed that
shops are less willing to let potential buyers try out SLRs these days. My
local Jessops store wouldn't let me play with a DLSR. The local Curry's
store let me play with a D50 for about five minutes - enough to convince me
that, unlike the Fuji S3100, a DSLR can look a 'real' SLR through the
viewfinder! What would you guys recommend/suggest as the best first
pro-class DSLR to somebody moving from film to digital - and has 30 years
experience in film SLR photography.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters