[OM] Re: Using those old time (and cheap) flash units

Subject: [OM] Re: Using those old time (and cheap) flash units
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:25:06 -0500
I'm still confused about what makes you think I'm getting nice, evenly
lit rooms.  I light people and the ceilings and walls fall where they
may.  I think the only thing I've ever posted that even comes close to
the architectural stuff you do is the photos that accompany my house for
sale flyer on my web site. <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/house/>

But I cheat since there is no lighting involved here at all.  It's all
natural light and multiple exposures blended HDR style.  And laboriously
so as it's done without the advantage of HDR software.  I didn't spend
anywere near two hours on each room in either pre or post-processing
but then I don't think it looks particularly good either.  The tripod
was usually sitting on soft carpet and I didn't have a remote release at
the time.  I think there are proabably pixel level alignment errors
between the multiple images which gives them a bit of a mushy look.

ps:  I lowered the price.  Y'all can call for an appointment now.

Chuck Norcutt