[OM] Re: [photo] rust.

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] rust.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:54:24 -0800
Patrick Moore wrote:
> Yup, completely as it came from the supermarket.
>> Great capture of the drop.

I sure agree - great capture of everything, including the drop. Super
job of 'seeing' an image.

On the other hand, your supermarket scan doesn't do your image justice.
The big blast of blown out looking highlight on and in the drain is very
distracting to me. Less significant, but still less than it could be, is
the loss of shadow detail. Fortunately, the scan has mostly compressed
highlight and shadow detail at the ends of the histogram, rather than
chopping them off.

So it is possible to recover them
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Paddy/rust.htm>.

Now that big blob of white has detail of the paint's aging that matches
the rest of the subject without losing its whiteness. And the big thing
on the lower right has a little more detail/texture.

Moose