[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:48:44 -0800
Ali Shah wrote:
> I am 99% sure that I am going to switch systems.
Far be it from me to talk anyone out of a decision I made ages ago
without ever buying an Oly DSLR.
> I have an offer on the table to shoot local high school and college sports
> for a local publication.
I wouldn't be surprised if the E-400 turns out to be a good camera for
that. Better noise and AF performance and plenty of mps.

Where's AG's rant about Oly(America)'s shortsightedness, losing a good
customer and brand booster to a brain dead marketing decision?
> That pretty much solidified my decision. Also the opportunity to shoot
> weddings down the road.

I don't see where that's an issue. The camera you have is plenty
adequate for that.
> I hate to say this but everything dictates towards
> C*non and N*kon. I read the new issue of POP Photo the
> other day and it was like one big huge C*non and N*kon
> ad....that is what the market dictates however. There
> is no denying that.

Oh, right, follow the leader. Yuck. I have Canyon DSLRs because they do
what I want better than the others. If Oly were the market leader and
the cameras were the same, I'd still have Canyon.
> With that in mind...I am not leaving the list! I still
> love the OM and that is why I originally joined this
> list. There is too much knowledge floating around this
> list.

Welcome to the subgroup of OM and brand X or Y DSLR users. :-)

Moose