[OM] Re: [photo] Dennisport sunrise 4

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Dennisport sunrise 4
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:34:40 -0500
Russ Butler wrote:
> Richard Lovison wrote:
>> This was taken 12 minutes after sunrise 3... a bit more dramatic.  I decided
>> to photoshop the buoy from this image.
>>
>> http://sylv.inkwell.com.ru/temp/capesunrise4.html
>>

> OH, I really like that one.
> How'd you meter it?

Thanks Russ.  I took a spot reading of the sky away from the rising sun
and then opened up a stop.  That got me close to what I needed.  When
shooting with the E-1 I normally shoot RAW with the contrast set to -2
which gives me a histogram readout very close to what is in the RAW
data.  I'll usually try and push the exposure as far to the right as
possible without blowing out the highlights.  So after setting my
initial exposure and taking a shot, more times than not I'll check the
histogram and make corrections if necessary.  I'll set the final
exposure when I do the RAW conversion and usually bring the contrast
back up to zero.  Totally different method than when I shot film where I
did the initial spot reading and then bracketed.

Richard L