[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 06:48:50 -0800 (PST)
> Yes, a major motivation for the 5D was not so much focusing
> speed (which is good) but the ability to achieve focus *at
> all* in very low light.

One thing I've done lately is avoid all contact with other
brands of cameras.  I think I'd rather not know what I'm
missing.  But tomorrow I'm going to be gracing a store that has
a D2X, D200, 1DsMii and 5D in stock.  Argh!

> I haven't done sports photography since my kids were in
> school and my only photo equipment was an OM-1, Zuiko
> 50mm/1.4, 200/4 and a Vivitar 283 with fry your eggs
> trigger voltage level.

Boy, some of us are still living in the dark ages, I guess. ;)
I'm still using my 200/4 as it really does such a fine job on
the E-1 for sports photography.  My Vivitar 285's voltage is of
the modern wuss variety.  No AF speed problems here.

Totally serious here:  My 200/4 really is an outstanding little
lens for sports work.  In 35mm parlance, it's a 400/4 which you
can handhold and slip into a jacket pocket!  Sharp?  Sharp
enough for the E-1's sensor.

AG